Empowering African Children with Rheumatic Diseases: Support PAFLAR’s Mission
Greetings! You’ve arrived at the donation page for PAFLAR (Paediatric Society of the African League Against Rheumatism), the pioneering organization in Africa committed to championing the cause of children with rheumatic conditions. At PAFLAR, our mission is to create a meaningful difference in the lives of these children by employing a comprehensive strategy that includes research, education, and innovative initiatives. Thank you for considering supporting our cause.
PAFLAR is dedicated to enhancing the understanding of rheumatic conditions in African children, striving for advancements in diagnostics and treatments to improve their quality of life.
In our commitment to knowledge empowerment, PAFLAR provides healthcare professionals, parents and communities with valuable information on paediatric rheumatic conditions. Through our educational initiatives, we not only raise awareness but also play a pivotal role in enhancing early detection and timely intervention – essential elements in effectively managing these conditions. In 2023, our monthly Continuing Medical Education (CME) sessions, were attended by over 1100 participants from 44 countries across the globe. These sessions featured seasoned practitioners delving into topics related to rheumatic conditions and fostering insightful discussions on challenging cases with healthcare workers. We are excited to note the positive growth trend, and we envision that this number will continue to expand in the future.
PAFLAR leads groundbreaking initiatives to reshape the field of paediatric rheumatology in Africa. A significant milestone is the introduction of Africa’s first guidelines for managing Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis (JIA), offering healthcare practitioners a comprehensive framework for diagnosing and treating JIA in children. Furthermore, we are at the forefront of establishing Africa’s first JIA registry, a crucial resource that will enhance our understanding of the prevalence, demographics, and treatment outcomes of JIA in the region. This registry is intended to be a valuable tool for researchers, clinicians, and policy makers, promoting progress in this area.
PAFLAR recognizes the importance of Therapeutic Patient Education (TPE) in empowering patients and their guardians. Our groundbreaking TPE workshops have already been conducted in Tunisia and Kenya, equipping participants with valuable knowledge and skills to enhance their quality of life. As part of our patient-centered approach, these workshops serve to include patients and their guardians as stakeholders in the treatment process. Our goal is to extend these workshops to other countries, ensuring that children with JIA and their families throughout the continent can access the support and education they need.
PAFLAR upholds a commitment to transparency and accountability, recognizing the significance of showcasing the concrete impact of your support. We employ various measurable indicators to gauge our success:
- Patient Outcomes: Monitoring the health and well-being of children affected by rheumatic conditions through regular check-ins, medical assessments, and surveys to track improvements in their quality of life.
- Research Publications: Assessing the number of research papers published, presenting new findings and contributing to the global body of knowledge on paediatric rheumatology.
- Education Reach: Quantifying the reach and engagement of our educational programs to ensure that more healthcare professionals, parents, and communities are informed and empowered.
- Guideline Adoption: Monitoring the adoption and implementation of our JIA guidelines by healthcare institutions and practitioners across Africa.
- Registry Utilization: Assessing the utilization and impact of the JIA registry, including the number of enrolled patients, data collected, and its influence on treatment approaches.
- Participant Feedback and Testimonials: Gathering qualitative data through participant feedback and testimonials to understand the perceived value and impact of our TPE workshops on the knowledge, skills, and overall well-being of attendees.
By supporting PAFLAR, you are not only contributing to the well-being of African children with rheumatic conditions but also investing in groundbreaking initiatives that have the potential to chape the future of paediatric rheumatology in Africa. Join us in making a lasting impact – your donation matter. Together, we can create a brighter and healthier future for these young lives.
Click the button below to make your donation